Friday, May 10, 2013

Blue Morpho Butterfly Wings manicure and an update! Please read!

 Yes folks, that is a photo of your illustrious nail art author. ME. With my now raspberry plum hair color :) SO, I was recently inspired by Gemma at The London Beauty Review to put a little variety in my eye makeup. Which led me to an idea.. how about including makeup and hair  in a more active role on my blog? So here I am, from here on out I will be posting more often and including makeup and hair updates and product reviews. Sooo to get to my latest mani as I'm sure you are all dying to see it, I painted the ever so classic Butterfly Wing design! I have tried this design many times before but it never came out this good. I truly feel that it perfectly resembles a Blue Morpho Buttefly Wing and am very proud of it! I used a color that I didn't even remember buying! The base color is called Deep Ocean by Spoiled, it took 2 good coats to get it nice and opaque but it has good coverage and so far no chipping!! I used Liquid Leather by Spoiled for the black and Platinum by ORLY for the white dots. Also I have been using a new base coat Nail Tech Foundation II ridge filling base coat to strengthen my nails since they sadly have been pretty soft and peeling a lot lately but after using this base coat for roughly a week my polish is adhering nicely a and my nails are already showing improvement! So far I am impressed.

Now for any of my readers that are dye hard (yes that is a horrible pun) red heads, aka Dyed Redheads I just want to let you know what all has been going on with my hair color journey.  Well to start you off with a bit of history, my hair is a pure and virginal as possible, I have spoiled it as much as humanly possible for the last 10 years and have spoiled it with a bit of silicone in the mix for the 8 years prior to that. So overall my hair is well pampered. Well after 18 years of growing my hair which is a bit over 5ft from root to tip and having done some raspberry semi perm and 1 or 2 perm highlight sets on my hair I discovered that while I was claiming to be in love with my natural color every time my highlights faded away I was miserable with my mousy blondish brown. So I finally got myself 2 boxes of Balsam dye by Clairol (I was really broke but didn't want to postpone and lose my nerve) in Burgundy and dyed the whole head. Now after a session of eye watering application and the inevitable dyed bloodbath of a rinse in the tub I had a much darker than anticipated blackberry storm color that I quickly fell in love with...but it quickly faded to a brownish raspberry.. the color I originally wanted..but no longer. So I started to do some research on how to keep red hair color from fading. I found out for the most part I had done EVERYTHING that would COMPLETELY FADE THE COLOR -_-;; Soo once I got paid again a few weeks later I went to Sally's and got some Wella Dye and Developer and after another eye watering session I had beautiful violet rasberry color that so far over a week later has NOT faded. Now to protect the color, here is what I've been doing.
  • No sulfates or cones in conditioner (had been doing this forever so no change here)
  • Cold water rinse for hair
  • 3 day wait to wash after first dyeing the hair
  • used Riveting Reds color depositing conditioner by Quantum combined with my steadfast conditoner Cantu Shea Butter conditioner
So I hope those tips help my fellow dyed redheads, and to give you a tidbit to look forward to, tomorrow I will be posting about new eye makeup looks! 

Stay Tuned everyone (just teasing...but please keep your eyes out for the post!!)
also more pictures below the cut!














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people have to think, after all feedback is what makes the world go round, Just please remember as open of mouth or in this case keyboard as you choose to be I will respond in the same kind if not more so, so please be respectful and honest.