Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blue Morpho butterfly wings mani

I had a lot of fun doing this look especially since it was my first time doing the butterfly wing design. I love the base color, it was my first time doing marbling with the polish already on my nails. I started out with one coat of China Glaze's Deviantly Daring and adding a drop of Party In The Penthouse by Nicole and Bluey by Butter London and used my dotting tool to marble the colors. I then did the lines with Charcoal by Klean Color and instead of white dots I used Stroke of Brilliance by Essie. Now when I completed the lines and accents I found that the lines didn't show so I used Chunky Holo Poppy to accent the lines and of course a generous helping of Seche Ultra V to finish off the rest!

Now confession time.. I wont say that this is my best look and it didn't really feel like it came out the exact way I wanted it and plan to try the monarch wing design again at a later time with some tweaks.










2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    I have noticed that most of your designs are very glittery so I challenge you to do one manicure that is not glittery or shimmery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment and I appreciate the challenge but I don't own any non shimmery polish whatsoever. Sorry to disappoint!

      Delete

I love to hear what people have to think, after all feedback is what makes the world go round, Just please remember as open of mouth or in this case keyboard as you choose to be I will respond in the same kind if not more so, so please be respectful and honest.